Monday, September 7, 2015

Repent ye, repent ye

It´s been a great week! German was baptized and pretty soon his brother will also be baptized. Unluckily, the two weren´t able to get baptized at the same time for a few reasons but in the short future they should be united as members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. For some strange reason we´re seeing so many miracles and I really couldn´t explain why. Then I read a few of your emails and I realized that in reality I´m actually not doing that much. Haha all your prayers are being heard because the Lord is hastening His work in Palermo, Salta. I´m excited to see what happens next. We´re planning a few baptisms in the next few weeks so keep Milagros, Jesus, Nacho, and Facundo in your prayers. Milagros is the mom of a teenage girl that got baptized about a year ago and is super super boss! Jesus is German´s brother. Nacho is also a teen who has been going to seminary for about a month or so and is absolutely sure about being baptized. And Facundo is the young guy from the story that I told last week.
Anyways, this week I´ve really come to appreciate the repentance process. In our Zone Conference this week we actually talked a lot about the topic. Jesus Christ, when He came to the earth, left His teachings and in just about every chapter of the four Gospels He teaches repentance and baptism. Now, we all understand what repentance means but do we really feel what it means? I think for about all my life until now I´ve only known that it´s necessary but I can honestly say that until just before my mission I didn´t feel it really take place in my life. Do we realize that every day we sin against God? Do we feel the need to repent? Do we evaluate our lives and eliminate the bad? We are all ¨destitute of the glory of God¨. Therefore it is necessary that someone pay the price of those mistakes. And someone already did. I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior. If we don´t repent, we reject the gift that He gave us when He bled from every pore, humbly knelt before our Father. He is the Gift. I know it, I live it, I love it!
Elder Philpot

No comments:

Post a Comment