Monday, September 28, 2015

Service: The essence of the Gospel

I don´t have much time today but I wanted to express my thoughts on the topic of service. Often times in life we hear the phrase,¨Everything comes with a cost.¨ In part I would have to agree and in part I would say that I don´t agree. I disagree because there are many things that don´t have anything to do with what we can pay. For example, salvation. As explained in 2 Nephi 2:4,¨the way is prepared from the fall of man, and salvation is free.¨ In a sense, it is completely impossible to pay our way into heaven. It is even impossible to ¨obey¨ your way into heaven. Because we all have ¨sinned, and come short of the glory of God¨, every one of us is unworthy to enter into the kingdom of God. Only by grace do we enter into the kingdom of God. 
In part I do agree that it all comes with a cost. Salvation requieres that we at least try our hardest. I am willing to give my all because what I want most is to return to my Father in Heaven with my family. I know that He is willing to shed His grace on thee as goes the song. I am convinced that it won´t be easy but that it´ll be worth it. 
This week we gave service and I honestly feel awesome! We cleaned the hill San Bernardo, which is a huge tourist attraction here in Salta so it was cool. The local news interviewed a member who participated and everyone got to see it on T.V. Cool experience. What´s more, we decided to offer our help when we saw a family carrying bricks into their yard. I got a little scrape so they invited us in and we are now teaching a family of 5. Haha the first time that I´m thankful for a little cut. 
God is actively guiding His children. We are the angels that He uses to bless the lives of others. I know it, I live it, I love it!
Elder Philpot

No comments:

Post a Comment