Monday, August 24, 2015

El Poder de los Miembros

Once again I forgot my camera so you´re gonna have to just bare with me. I know... It´s a real struggle. 
As for my life, it´s still pretty much the same. Working hard, openning my mouth to strangers, walking fast, planning, and most importantly sleeping like a champ (which is actually a lie because one of the missionaries snores like a bear in the night). Hahahaha just kidding, it was only a few times. Anyways what I really have been able to see until now in the mission is the power that is added to the Work of Salvation when normal members become missionaries in their own special way. One of our goals as companions was that of training the members to spread the restored Gospel in a normal but bold way. I actually came to really appreciate the pamphlets that are out and about the World teaching the message of the Restoration. I realized that the missionaries in my ward must´ve been somewhat unefficient because they never gave me a pamphlet and told me to share it with a friend of mine. Man, maybe my past could´ve been different if only someone had taught me how to be a teenage missionary. But I digress. The point is this: we spread the Gospel to edify ourselves and those around us. For that very reason, the full-time missionaries need your help! Here in Argentina, the zone Salta Oeste consists of 22 missionaries. Their are millions of people that live in our zone! Now, if we add the number of members to those 22 missionaries we´d have about 1000 people spreading the Gospel. You do the math. As the prophet Thomas Monson has said multiple times,
¨Now is the time for members and missionaries to come together, to work together, to labor in the Lord´s vineyard to bring souls unto him.¨
The question is: are we obeying the voice of the Lord? Because as explained in Doctrine and Covenants 1: ¨whether it is by my voice or the voice of my sevants, it is the same.¨ And as said by the prophet David O. McKay,¨Every member a missionary.¨
Personally, I wish I had been of more help to the missionaries where I have lived because there is nothing that makes me more happy than what I´m doing now. I know that this is the work of out Savior Jesus Christ. I also know that we need you members. We need your help. God needs your help. I hope we can all feel the urgency of this topic. I hope that we can all follow the prophet. I hope, no, I urge that all of you contact the missionaries and ask them for a few pamphlets of the Restoration. Share them. Invite a friend to church. They´ll thank you in the future. I promise that if you invite at least one friend, the Lord will touch their heart. As we edify our fellow brethren, the Lord edifies us. I know it, I live it, I love it!
Elder Philpot

No comments:

Post a Comment