Monday, February 1, 2016

Life is like P-Day

Nobody writes me anymore... Haha it´s alright. Usually when a lot of people write me it can be a little stressful. But I wanted to tell a little story about my lovely morning while playing futbol in the stake center with the zone. The stake center has an awesome soccer field and so we like to play on Mondays. There´s only one problem: the walls aren´t high enough for us to kick away and not worry, we have to be careful to not kick the ball over the fence (where a mean old lady loves to steal soccer balls and then let her dogs loose when we ask her for it) and also to not kick the ball into the bushes above the back fence which is full of thorns and ants. I´m not going to tell how I know of the first situation because that´s another story :) This morning I had the luck of kicking the ball high up on top of the thorny bushes which are situated on top of a lovely 12 foot fence. As I climbed up, I was pricked and pinched and bitten during a period of 20 minutes trying to squirm my way to the top to punch the ball. It was a great learning experience.
Application: If we don´t learn to control our actions, peace and happiness will get stuck way up high in the thorny bushes and we´re gonna have to suffer a price to get it back. When we learn to bridle our passions, be patient, and accept God´s will instead of doing what WE want, we will be blessed with physical and spiritual safety. Now, the pain didn´t stop right after I got loose. Often times repentance has negative rebounds even after paying the price. It´s a stinging triumph but man does it hurt when you get in the shower. Haha patience and obedience mean safety. I know it, I live it, I love it!
Elder Philpot

No comments:

Post a Comment