Monday, December 28, 2015

Feliz Navidad

I´m very happy with the outcome of this Christmas :) my family is happy, I´m happy, everything seems to be going pretty well. First and formost I feel the need to say that while worrying for my family when I first came on my mission, and still worrying from time to time, I was guided by the Spirit to a scripture that I´ve come to love. D&C 101:16,¨ Therefore, let your hearts be comforted concerning Zion; for all flesh is in mine hands; be still and know that I am God.¨ Instead of Zion I think of my family. Before even finding that scripture, I had heard the Spirit whisper so many times.¨They are in good hands. They are in My hands.¨ I have a strong testimony that God cares for those that lose themselves in His service. As reads the scripture in Mark 8:34-35- ¨And when he had called the people unto him with his disciples also, he said unto them, Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself (and let me add family), and take up his cross, and follow me. For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life (and may I add family) for my sake and the gospel's, the same shall save it.¨ There´s nothing more comforting to a lonely missionary than the assurance that all the he cares for are in the hands of the Almighty, the All-Powerful God. I know that Jesus Christ was born more than 2000 years ago. I know that He lives. I know that those who lose themselves in His work are blessed beyond compare. We must all take up part of the cross that He bore. We must all carry the cross of our brothers and sisters. That means that we must serve our neighbor, and what better service than that of sharing His gospel. I know it, I live it, I love it!
Elder Philpot 

No comments:

Post a Comment