Monday, June 29, 2015

Mormon Neighbors

Unfortunately, today I had to say goodbye to a brother. Elder Fewel has been an awesome companion but his 2 years are up and the Lord needs him in another place. His plane takes off tomorrow and I hope to see him when I finish up. But this week has been one of the most fun ones and definitely a learning experience. After many weeks of joke telling, we finally came out with one that actually teaches a great lesson. With a Ned Flanders kind of voice we would act like a Mormon neighbor that always tries to contact his neighbors and get them to accept the Gospel. It really isn´t that funny when I write it like that.... But it kept us happy through the tough times. What it really taught me is that everyone needs to be a missionary in their own way. Even though it comes out weird or the person straight up rejects it, our job is to share with others what we know to be true. Something that I learned this transfer is that without ordinances of the restored Gospel, man cannot participate in the Atonement. It doesn´t matter how long you pray or how good of a person you are, we just don´t meet up to God´s standards. Even the most world-renowned people that have done unmeasurable good for the human kind don´t even come close to what God expects us to accomplish. If we wish to be ¨at-one¨ with our Heavenly Father and His divine design, we must participate in the Atonement, which is accessable by baptism, confirmation, the Priesthood, temples, and finally but most importantly Temple marriage and or sealings. If it weren´t for Jesus Christ the human kind would be inevitably doomed to eternal destruction. And those who don´t accept Him will not be able to experience real happiness. Therefore, SHARE THE GOSPEL. Just do it. Give references to the missionaries for petes sake. Your friends want to meet the missionaries, they just don´t know it! Haha
I love the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that the Book of Mormon is true. When I see people, I just want to talk to them. I just want them to be happy. That´s why I´m here. To make people happy. You can do the same. Charity is service. Service is the Gospel. Give the Gospel. I know it, I live it, I love it!
Elder Philpot 

No comments:

Post a Comment