Monday, July 6, 2015

Turning Awkward Situations into Miracles

This week has been pretty interesting with my new comp from Chile. I started off with lots of energy, trying to set a good example by talking with as many people as possible and within a day or two we were already seeing great things! On Tuesday, my comp and I were talking about contacting on the bus. It´s actually really tough summing up the courage to sit down next to someone and start talking about the Gospel out of nowhere... especially on a bus. But I knew that God doesn`t make exceptions of people and eventually they would thank me for taking an awkward situation and turning it into a miracle. So we hopped on the bus that takes us to our area and after a battle about the size of World War II inside my head, I decided to sit down next to a lady and start to talk. Well she turned out to be nice but pretty catholic and didn´t want too much to do with it. Hahahaha but my conversation started a chain. The young couple right behind me realized that we were missionaries and started to talk with my companion. They contacted us!!!! Apparently, the girl was a less active member and her boyfriend was really interested in getting married in the temple. They gave us their address and we stopped by yesterday. Unfortunately, something came up but they were planning on going to church together! We invited them to Ward Home Evening and they showed up just in time to have a blast with the members! What´s more, while talking with more people we`ve been able to find a bunch of new partial families and slowly they´re starting to get back into full activity. 
I guess the message that I´m trying to get across is that there are many people who need our help and we can give it to them through the restored Gospel. Personally, I know a lot of Mormons, but I don´t know very many Latter-day ¨Saints¨. A true member of the restored Church of Jesus Christ shouldn´t be ashamed of his religion. I actually love it when they call me Mormon, because it´s a thousand times better than hearing the kids scream Gringo at me. Haha Dare to be a Mormon, Dare to stand alone, Dare to have a purpose firm, Dare to make it known. I know it, I live it, I love it!
Elder Philpot

No comments:

Post a Comment