Monday, March 23, 2015

Hablando, Se Entienden

Well, this week has been quite the adventure, let me tell you. We were able to see a few miracles and I got to learn a few lessons that really impacted me. First of all, the sister of Santos Diaz who was just baptized is starting to listen very seriously and accepted to be baptized on the 24th of April. She´s really awesome, just like her brother! She reads the Book of Mormon every day and even read when we forgot to leave a chapter for her. Yesterday, she arrived at church with her brother Santos earlier than all the members, except for the Branch President and his wife (I think). Haha Miguel Davalos, a member with a minor mental disorder, taught with us all week and helped us find new people to teach. The other day, he said something that made me really surprised. ¨Hablando, se entienden... No hablando, no se entienden.¨ Talking, they understand eachother... not talking, they don´t understand eachother. He told me that he learned it from his mom who passed away some time ago. After all these years, Miguel was able to understand something that a lot of us can have trouble with. Some of the most important attributes that we can achieve are: patience, humility, and charity. Almost always, we begin losing these attributes when we lose understanding about someone else. When I don´t understand why my companion does something, I´ll lose patience. When I lose my patience, I begin to grow prideful, thinking that my way is the best way and if others don´t conform, then they´re wrong. Then, I lose the love that I once had for lack of humility. It can be applied to any circumstance. (By the way, my companion and I get along great so don´t worry, it´s just an example). I would like to invite all of you faithful blog readers to let go of your pride and regain the love for someone that was difficult to understand. Find a way to speak with those who don´t understand you. Be Christ-like. When we speak with kind words, we will be understood, and ultimately found guiltless before God in the last day.
To end, I want to share a short story. One of the member families here in Pichanal is recently coming back to church after a few months without going. The mother of the family had gone to another church for a long time and I never knew exactly why because she seems to know that the Church is true. The other day, she told me that she was going to go back to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. She said that she had prayed to know that the Book of Mormon was true and received an answer. Every time that she read with the missionaries, she felt the Spirit and a guilt for not following the answer about the Book of Mormon. She went to church yesterday and I saw her very happy with a big ol smile. I realized the power that the Book of Mormon has in the process of receiving revelation. If we want to feel our Father´s love and the direction that He can give us, we must read His words. Read the Book of Mormon! It´s true! I know it, I live it, I love it!
Elder Philpot



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment