Monday, March 2, 2015

Este es Mi Hijo Amado

Well, as I made known last week, I´ve been called to be a trainer! Or in other words, the father of a new born missionary, also known as ¨papi¨. My hijo is Elder Starkey and he´s a really cool dude. He reminds me a lot of my cousin Tyler so we get along just fine. This week has actually been one of the most fun weeks that I´ve had and it´s funny to think that when I received the call to be papi, I was a little bit un-excited. But, thanks to the fun times and the energy that the Lord has given me, we´ve been able to have lots of success. We´re starting to see the Lord´s hand in just about everything that we do and I know that it´s because we have a shared desire to work hard and leave the rest to our Heavenly Father. 
But, one of the most amazing experiences on my mission until now took place yesterday in Sacrament meeting. Since yesterday was the first day of March, we were able to have the fast and testimony meeting. As usual, after the bishop and the counselors give their testimonies there´s a little bit of a wait to see who´s gonna be the first one. After a few seconds, Raul Del Zotto who was recently baptized stood up and put himself in front of the 30 members that showed up. He tried to start a few times but was held back by tears. He began to testify of the goodness that the restored gospel brought to his family and the great change that he was able to see. Immediately afterwards, another recent convert, Flavia, stood up and also testified of the true church and the impact that it had in the life of her, being a single mother, and her 4 children. I guess I must´ve had major allergies because my eyes kept leaking water... I decided that I had to get up and share my testimony of the happiness that I´ve seen in families who accepted the restored gospel in their lives. After a few words I was already crying and telling the ward how thankful I was to be with them in this moment. It was one of the most powerful moments on my mission. I´ve come to gain a deep love for Pichanal and I´ve only been here a few months.
My testimony is sure. There is a God. He is our Heavenly Father. He sent us to the earth to have a family. That family can be eternal. This is the restored gospel. This is the Church of Jesus Christ, the only true church on the earth. There are people who are waiting for each one of you to help them see the light. I know it, I live it, I love it!
Elder Philpot



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment