Monday, January 19, 2015

Pichanal

My first week in Pichanal, Argentina has been one of the best weeks that I´ve had in my mission until now. My first full day, Tuesday, we had a lesson planned with the nephew of a member that lives in the apartment in front of ours. The nephew is about 30 or so with his girlfriend and three children. The lesson was one of the best lessons I´ve had and they understood perfectly! We taught about the Plan of Salvation and a about the blessings that we´ve seen in our lives thanks to the Gospel. After the lesson, we invited them to be baptized and they said that they would start taking the steps toward baptism. On Wednesday, Brother Del Zotto, the member that lives in front of us, knocked on our door and showed us a picture of his nephew, Raul, with his wife, Mirian, with a big sign that said ¨Casamiento¨ and the date 23 of January 2015... What´s more is that they were holding the Book of Mormon in their hands and the pamphlet of the Plan of Salvation! One day! One day and they had already been taking the necessary steps toward baptism. They went to church, even under the rain, this week. 
In our ward, there´s this member named Miguel that leaves with us every day to go teach our investigators. At first, I thought he was just a little strange because he lives in a small town, but he actually has a mental problem that makes him seem like an 8 year old in a 40 year old´s body. It´s always a blast walking around town with him because he has this excitement for the Gospel that can only be explained with the word ¨giddy¨. Haha what I learned this week is that everyone needs to be like Miguel! I gave a talk in church about Missionary Work and I spoke a little bit about our covanent to be a witness of Jesus Christ at all times. If everyone were like Miguel, the Lord would be pleased that every child is fulfilling his covenant to be a witness of Jesus Christ. What´s more is that Miguel practically knows everybody and has a new person for us to teach every day. Haha BE LIKE MIGUEL. The missionaries need you. This is the Lord´s work. He needs all of us in every moment. I know it, I live it, I love it.
Elder Philpot
I still need to find a way to send pics because I think that they will get deleted if I try from these computers. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment