Monday, January 5, 2015

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year everyone! Another year of childhood gone and another year closer to old age. Speaking of old age, I have a really great story. We were out visiting the other day and we decided to stop by an old woman´s house and share a short message with her because she can´t go to church because she has to take care of her husband who has Alzheimer´s and can´t leave the house. Well, when we got there, they were both sitting out back and, since we were in a poorer area, the neighbor had his music blasting really loud. As we were trying to teach the lesson, the old grandpa out of nowhere would start smiling at me and then dance and move his shoulders to the music. Haha I was laughing so hard because he´s like a 3 year old in a old man´s body. Then he started to play with his adult diaper and then looked at me with a surprised look on his face. Definitely the most interesting lesson that I´ve ever had. After the lesson, he shook my hand and told me that we´re not friends or girlfriends or anything like that, then laughed in my face. I hope that everyone is able to see the message hidden within the funny story. Well, all of us are here on earth trying to return to our Heavenly Father and the only way to get there is by following the example of Jesus Christ and keeping His commandments. And yet, the only people on earth that can be perfect like Christ are the ¨little ones¨, or ¨los niƱitos¨, the children who know no wrong. For that reason, God has commanded us to be like little children, meek, submissive, and humble of heart which sometimes can be really hard because of our natural, selfish, prideful selves, I want everyone to think of a baby or a young child. Now..... Be the baby. If you do as I command, I can promise you that you will return to the presence of our Heavenly Father. But this really isn´t what I command, it´s what God requires of us, and if we don´t do so then we aren´t keeping His commandments. So I hope to receive multiple videos of you guys who read my blog, dancing like that old man who really is a little child. Be humble, be submissive, and be meek. Blessed are the humble in spirit. I know it, I live it, I love it!
Elder Philpot 

No comments:

Post a Comment