Monday, May 18, 2015

Salta la Linda

I don´t have too much time to write since we had transfers today but I want to tell about where I´m at! Last night, we got the news that I would be leaving Pichanal and my son Elder Starkey. I would have to say that it was hard to say goodbye. We always had so much fun together and we learned a ton. We had lots of success and lots of good experiences together. But I don´t think I´ll have much time to sulk or be sad because they called me to be the new zone leader in Salta Capital. So I packed my bag last night and early this morning I hopped on a bus headed for Salta. My new area is Palermo and my companion is a champ! His name is Elder Fewel and he´s been on the mission for quite a while. He´ll be ending here in 6 weeks so I´ll have the honors of seeing him off to his home. 
Anyways, this week was really really special because the temple in Cordoba Argentina was just completed and this sunday it was dedicated. Since we are in the district of the temple, we were able to attend the broadcast of the dedication which was way awesome. I´ve gotta say that Elder Cristoffersen speaks some pretty kicking spanish! President Uchtdorf not quite. Haha I would have to say that it really lifted my spirits to have been there. For about the whole hour I felt as if I had been right there in the temple with them and I remembered how much I miss the temple. The blessings of a temple are ginormous! I honestly felt as if we entered the heavens and listened to angels speak. I would that ye all remember the temple in every situation and every moment. The temple is the doorway to having an eternal family and living in God´s presence again. I know it, I live it, I love it!
Elder Philpot

No comments:

Post a Comment