Monday, February 2, 2015

Familias Eternas

This week was one of the greatest weeks that I´ve had so far in my mission and I think that it all has to do with my testimony of eternal families. This past week, we were eating with some members in our branch and some of their friends from out of town were also there. As usual, at the end of lunch, we share something with the family and it just so happened that the family´s friends were non-members. I´m actually not sure how but we ended up talking about temples and temple sealing. The man told me that he didn´t believe that the family would not be together after death and that there is evidence in the Bible (which there isn´t any such evidence against eternal families). He then made the bold move to say that his friends, the members with whom we eat, who are sealed in the temple, would not even know eachother in heaven. I was a little mad at first and I knew that I had to firmly reprimand him. I asked him if he thought that God wants us to be happy. He said of course. I replied,¨I will never be happy if I can´t live with my family after this life. I know that I will be with my family again in heaven. I know that families can become eternal.¨
If there´s one thing that I´m more sure of, it´s that families are the biggest part of God´s plan and that he will allow us to be with our families again if we are obedient. 
Just the week, Raul and Mirian Del Zotto (two investigators who will be baptized the next week with their son), were married. We had the opportunity to greet them outside of the tiny civil office where they were married. As we were throwing rice, Raul came up to me and gave me a big hug, and, with tears in his eyes, said,¨Thank you Philpot for all that you are doing for my family.¨ I think that was the happiest moment in my mission because I knew that the family was on it´s way to being eternal. The family is the most important part of God´s eternal plan. I know it, I live it, I love it!
Elder Philpot



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment