Monday, February 9, 2015

A Christ-Centered Life

I think the theme of this week would have to be that of our Lord and Savior. But before anything else... La familia Del Zotto was baptized on Saturday and confirmed yesterday!!! I think that being with this family has been one of the most spiritually uplifting and learning times that I´ve had so far in the mission. They decided that they wanted to be baptized in the morning so we got everything ready on Friday night so that we could all start on time. Well, overnight, the little swimming pool that we use for baptisms drained almost all the way and a few of the sisters from the ward got there before us and were yelling at a few of the men in the ward to start filling it faster. Haha we said a prayer and the pool filled in about half an hour, it was a miracle. Before the service, my companion and I sang a musical number, the theme was Christ and His earthly ministry. The song is called ¨I heard Him come¨ and we translated it into Castellano. The song brings the Spirit very strongly so when we all headed to the baptismal pool, nothing else really mattered. After seeing, the three get baptized I felt as though the angels were celebrating in heaven. And I believe that they were celebrating because they are going to be big factors in the building of Zion in these days. Raul, the dad of the family, is just a boss. Yesterday, his day of confirmation, he decided that he was going to give the Gospel Principle class. I was extremely surprised by the preparation and knowledge that he has of the lesson of the week, the Fall of Adam (which can be quite complex). Next week he has an interview to receive the Aaronic Priesthood. I gave him a white shirt and a tie after his baptism because it would take a while for him to have enough to buy them. Yesterday, he wore them both and now is on his way to being the next Branch President for sure. Haha
This week, I think I´ve been surprised by many things in my area and I´ve realized how very important it is to follow the teachings of Jesus Christ in 3 Nephi 14:24-27. Here Christ is speaking of the wise man and the foolish man. We can all remember the Primary song about the two houses and the ¨rains came tumbling down¨. The rain and storms are the hardships of life. Here in Argentina, the people have hardships that are more difficult than most problems of those that live in the United States, trust me. What I´ve noticed is that those who have built their lives upon Christ have had a much easier life and a much happier life. I strongly believe that the easiest way to go through life is, and always will be, the Lord´s way. I know that Christ is our Redeemer and our Mediator unto the Father. There is no highway, there is only the Lord´s way. I know it, I live it, I love it!
Elder Philpot



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment