Monday, May 2, 2016

Primero de Mayo

I´m not sure how it is in the U.S. or in other countries (I don´t remember many of the american holidays) but here in Argentina we just celebrated Labor Day. Yes, my day. Because we do work! Haha this week has been awesome! We had a bunch of investigators come to church yesterday! We found a new family: the family that went to a ward baptism last week went to church this week! It´s Fernanda´s sister (Fernanda Alagastín is a recent convert). Josehp (yeah that´s how it´s spelled) will be baptized this week! His mom is from Peru and they moved here about 16 years ago. His mom is a less active member that the Elders Quorum President found while visiting members and doing street contacts! Wow, miracle. But the best part of this week would have to be last night. While teaching Sergio about temples last night, him (investigator) and his less active wife who just came back to church said that they were going prepare to go to the temple and that they were going to send us the picture after being sealed. It´s hard to express the joy that a missionary feels when he or she is on a mission. But it´s impossible trying to express the joy that a missionary feels when he or she hears that a family will be eternal thanks to our minute efforts and in spite of our weaknesses. All I know is that God is infinitely merciful. He loves us so much. His plan is so perfect. It´s hard for me to explain the love I have gained over the past 2 years for our Father in Heaven and His Son Jesus Christ and the great Plan of Salvation. I can´t express it well but I know it, I live it, I love it!
Elder Philpot

No comments:

Post a Comment