Monday, December 8, 2014

Él es la Dádiva

Well, I have a new companion again! Haha I can´t remember if I told you guys the last time but on Monday we had transfers again and I thought that for sure I was taking off for some other area. Well, on Sunday night, they broke the news that my companion was headed to Santiago del Estero and that I was going to stay in my area as the District Leader. Here I am... still. Haha my new companion is Elder Valenzuela from San Antonio, Chile. He´s a pretty cool dude and I sent a picture in the last email when we first met eachother. He had just got in from a five hour long bus drive at 2 o´clock in the morning, poor guy. Plus, he got sick afterward so I´ve been suffering right along next to him since then, but luckily now he´s better. If there´s one thing that I know is that transfers are not fun, both physically and emotionally! The truth is that I miss Elder Blake a lot because we were such good buds and we were working so well and so hard. But I just need to strive to have that friendship with my new companion.
Familia, este mes es un mes muy especial y quiero que se trate así. This month we get to celebrate the birth and life of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. Recently, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints put out a video that I would rank number 1 of all the videos that the Church has made until now! I´m pretty sure that in English it´s ¨He is the Gift¨ or you can look it up in Spanish, ¨Él es la Dádiva¨. ¨For God so loved the world that He gave His only Begotten Son.¨ In this month, we have the great opportunity to remember the most essential and priceless gift that can be given by a Father to His children. Without the life and sacrifice of Jesus Christ it would be completely impossible to return to the presence of our Heavenly Father and live as a family unit forever. This Christmas, Discover the Gift, Accept the Gift, and Share the Gift. If there´s one thing that I regret more than anything is missing the opportunities to share what I know with my friends and with my family. So I would like Elizabeth, Elijah, Nicholas, Nathan, Caleb, Sadie, Mom, Dad, and all my friends to know: I know that Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer. I know it. I know that He loves each and every one of us and gave His life for us. I know that He has revealed His Gospel through the prophet Joseph Smith. I shared my testimony in church yesterday and afterwards I left an invitation. I invite you, brothers and sisters, to search and find something that we don´t have a lot of right now... Time. Take a little time to read about Jesus Christ. Take time to actually think about the impact that He has had in your life, because I promise that it´s huge. And after all, ask God if He is the Christ. It will make me sad if you don´t find that sacred precious time. I try to find that time because believe it or not us missionaries are busy. But there´s nothing more important than a testimony of the truth. I´m a Mormon. I know it, I live it, I love it!
Elder Philpot
I´m sorry but I don´t have any pics this week. I know, I´m a bum. Haha

No comments:

Post a Comment