Monday, October 27, 2014

Tucumán, aka, Oven

It´s starting to be super hot here in Tucumán but I find that I don´t mind too much because pretty soon a ton of fruit will be falling from the trees. Mangos are everywhere here and I´m more excited than a little kid on his birthday. Haha well, Argentina is really awesome and I really enjoy my area, especially since I just got a new companion from Massachusetts. I´m still in the same place but I´m working with my third companion in this area. When my new companion arrived the first night, I gave him two options: put away all his stuff then or go out to work. He chose the right and since then we´ve been working super hard to see progress and lots of baptisms. My comp is really chill! About my height, plays football and basketball and baseball, and is on a mission with the intentions that I like to see. Honestly, in one week with my new companion Elder Blake, we were able to almost double all of our ¨key indicators¨, or in other words, we were able to have a lot of success here in Parque Guillermina. I´ve seen lots of miracles in this week alone and I know that it´s because God is blessing us for our obedience and hard work. For example, we teach this family, the Quinteros family, of which only the dad, mom, and son are members but the two other daughters are ¨catholic¨. Well, we´ve been trying to help the younger daughter Jesica to see the importance of baptism and the importance in following the example of her family and of Jesus Christ. Missionaries have been working with them for a long time so we tried to really focus on Jesica. Well, after teaching the Restoration of the Gospel, Jesica accepted to be baptized the 22nd of November and is looking forward to her baptism with a little bit of fear, but overall convinced of her decision. There are too many miracles to share them all but I want to say that thanks to the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ through the prophet Joseph Smith, we are able to see a huge difference in the lives of millions. One can see God´s miracles every day. I have seen God´s miracles every day. Joseph Smith restored this Gospel of Jesus Christ and we can know it for ourselves. That´s a miracle in itself. Great things lie in store for those who wish to search this truth for themselves. I know it, I live it, I love it! 
Elder Philpot
PS I know I didn´t write last week but I couldn´t with all the transfers and stuff. I´ll send some good pics next week for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment